Product Information Management Software is very important for modern B2C and B2B e-commerce websites. Implementing the right Product Information Management System (PIMs) is very crucial when you scale your business and extend merchandise. Modern shoppers browse multiple e-stores and marketplaces, that’s why the store owners count on Product Information Management Solutions to update and manage their vast array of products.
This article will cover everything you need to know before implementing PIM Software Solution to your business.
Table of Content
- What is the Product Information Management System?
- What product Information PIM solution stores?
- Why your e-commerce store needs PIMs?
- Who should use PIM software solutions?
- Which PIM is right for your business?
What is the Product Information Management System?
A Product Information Management system (PIMs) is a solution designed to manage product information across different channels from a single dashboard. PIM software solutions provide product categorization, upload, manage and edit product information, synchronize product data across multiple sales channels and marketplaces. A PIM solution offers enriched product information, ease of management and assists detecting inaccuracies.
What Product Information a PIM solution stores?
- Product data including product name, title, and description.
- Product attributes including cost, SKU and pricing
- Product specifications including product dimensions, packaging info, warranty, and many more.
- Content in multi-language.
- Multiple store’s information: Amazon, Shopify, or Google, etc.
- Specific Store information.
- Product media including images and videos.
- Omnichannel product info.
- Supplier information, etc.
Why your e-commerce store needs PIMs?
Unrelated product data drastically affects SEO results.
It’s no more a secret that popular search engines like Google and Bing disapprove unrelated content and this leads to drastic downfall in the website’s ranking.
Using Product Information Management tools provides accurate product information, unique product content, increased page density, and page richness which appeals to search engines. The more efficiently your products are categorized and laid out and the more comprehensive product descriptions are, the easier it becomes for the users to find the product they are looking for. PIM solution helps to expand the brand presence in the e-commerce market and improves organic search results.
PIM improves data management.
PIM enables a single point data storage, which can be used across multiple storefronts, native applications, and all other systems within the business infrastructure. With PIM, an organization is benefited with the systematic work-flow of product information at different levels and platforms, improved data quality and reduced time to add and modify product information.
Product Data consistency across channels.
If your products are listed on more than one channel, be it your website, e-commerce marketplaces like Amazon or Social Media Platform like Facebook, you need to keep the product data consistent on all the channels. Your company needs to maintain product detail consistency and keep identical information across different platforms. This helps in exhibiting your company’s brand strength and build customers’ trust in your offerings.
PIM enhances customer experiences & minimize product returns.
The clear and correct product description and categorization help the customers to easily find the required product and enhance their buying decision. This results in lower product return queries and enhanced customer experiences.
PIM supports data migration when re-platforming.
Migrating your existing e-store to a new platform is a challenging task. If it’s not performed properly, it can cause a huge loss to the business. PIM greatly supports simple to complex re-platforming projects. PIM can securely migrate bulk data when migrating your site to different web development platforms.
Who should use PIM software solutions?
- Large retailers/wholesalers/manufacturers with huge merchandise.
- Companies facing challenges in launching their products to market.
- Businesses using manual data methods.
- Businesses with frequent SKU transition.
- Businesses experiencing high-cost per product setup.
- Businesses struggling with poor product data.
- Businesses selling products globally, looking for multilingual product data.
- Businesses looking forward to reducing customer complaints, returns, and exchanges.
- Businesses looking to manage different sales channels.
- Businesses who want to avoid product information inconsistency between different channels.
Which PIM is right for your business?
Many Product Information Systems are available for businesses. The one which is right for you depends on your business’s unique needs and budget. Choose a PIM solution that is robust, flexible, easy to scale, configurable, easy to set up and use.
If you want to implement a Product Information Management solution to your B2B or B2C website, feel free to share your business needs and requirements and contact us to have a one-on-one conversation with our expert.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?