It is a well-known fact that when it comes to eCommerce platforms, Magento is the best system. Your Magento eCommerce Website is equipped with the ability to avail effective information, merchandise products accurately and provide a satisfactory experience to potential users. While selecting Magento e-commerce store is a sure way to build a successful online business, it is essential to have a reliable server configuration that provides good performance. Assuming your website is loaded with heavy traffic, it requires multiple server clusters with advanced systems to deliver the finest performance. Therefore, optimization of your e-store for better performance and enhanced sales generation has become crucial, especially, in this competitive environment where it is vital to have a measurable effect on sales, customer satisfaction, and business growth.
The optimization of a highly functional Magento e-store platform requires specialized know-how and experience. Your online business efficiency of Magento eCommerce website depends on four key factors – functionality, speed, reliability and security. Improving these factors will increase customer experience, conversion rates and ultimately, sales. Consider these points to optimize your Magento eCommerce Website for enhanced sales generation.
1. Make Your Website Mobile Friendly: A mobile-friendly website is a prerequisite in today’s fast evolving time. Mobile phones have taken the place of our good old personal computers and laptops. And, therefore, mobile users are now expecting to experience optimization of their multi-functional palm-sized possessions.
It has become ever more crucial for the websites to become efficient and easily accessible on mobile because, the potential users won’t likely return to a website if it fails to open on the mobile phones. Here are a few ways to optimize your website for a user-friendly experience:
- Develop a mobile version of the website: This is the first step to consider while making your website mobile friendly. The mobile version of your website can be created by using conversion platform like bMobilized or Duda Mobile. Although, this may be the quickest and simplest way to make your site available to a larger audience, it is a difficult job to update and maintain two separate websites (one for desktop and another for mobile) simultaneously. The solution for this is to use mobile plugins.
- Mobile Plugins for Magento: Popular website content management systems like Magento are equipped with plugins or bolt-on solutions that make your site mobile-friendly without the need to have separate versions. Therefore, designing your website on Magento makes your life easy. In fact, the Magento system comes with additional and customized features to suit your business needs.
- Mobile-first Strategy: Once your mobile-friendly website is ready, it’s time to redesign your site by with mobile-first responsive web design practices. Designing your site with mobile-first help prioritize as to which content needs to go on the website for the best possible experience. For this, proper prior planning is needed. Responsive web design is used to ensure that the website can fit into any screen size or device.
2. Optimize the Page Load Time of your website: Developing a great Magento Ecommerce website is not a child’s play. There are just as many technological solutions as there are problems. And the last thing you want is a speedy website. A website consists of a varied process that involves optimization of each and every single space with a clear vision and action. The performance of your website is dependent on the loading times of your web pages. In order to provide great user experience, it is crucial improving loading times and make your website run faster. Here are a few load time optimization methods to fast-track your website:
- Have Clear Status Quo Of Your Site: It is important to be clear about what you current status quo is and how do you want the website to work, before optimizing the load time. For this, a close inspection of what your target customer wants and how can your website helps in meeting those demands, is required. There are great tools available to check your website speed and evaluating your current status. You can even improve page-loading speed significantly with browser re-load, pre-fetch, and pre-render hints on occasion.
- Invest It Right: Optimization of speed needs right upgradations. But investing aimlessly on all kinds of systems will not solve the purpose. Be alert while fulfilling the requirements and aim at a limited segment and understand the root cause of performance issues. Invest in specific low-budget monitors to load pages to help you measure the holdups that affect the website. Further, there are three main domains that specifically deal with load-time delays of a website — server computation, network transmission, and browser rendering.
- Check You Site On Mobile: Keep in mind that your Magento Ecommerce website would look much condensed on a smartphone or a tablet while designing it on your top-end equipment. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the performance of your site on mobile devices. For that, consider browsing your website on mobile devices very often to check on the performance and speed. You can even redesign the page to require only a fraction as much graphics content.
All in all, CSS stylesheet of your website, right compression of images and file format as well as code snippets are truly important factors when dealing with the low loading time of your website. Therefore, always consider the bigger picture when trying to optimize the load time of your site.
3. Make Checkout Process Easy for Customers: You may be working really hard to increase traffic on your Ecommerce website, but that’s not enough if you want to drive sales from it. Apart from setting up an attractive eCommerce store, it is also important to make it easier for visitors to check out from the site easily and make them wanting to come back. The checkout flow is where the money is. But most of the time, websites makes visitors fill tedious forms during the checkout process and many visitors end up abandoning their order midway. This is the nightmares that are confronted by almost all the eCommerce website owners. If you are not optimizing your checkout process, you are losing your customers!
Therefore, simplifying the checkout process of your Magento Website is a crucial factor that affects the purchasing decisions of your customers. This is why you need to ease out your customers while they shop in your online store. So, how can you get more visitors to go through your checkout flow and complete purchases? There are certain step-by-step ways that Magento eCommerce Website owners use to drive sales. The reason why visitors abandon their shopping cart is when they have to fill in tedious forms while placing orders. Customers don’t want to waste their time doing this sort of thing, especially when we all seem to be living more hectic lives.
- Streamline your checkout process: Try to simplify the checkout process for your customers by removing unnecessary questions. You can even club the multiple checkout pages by asking information like address and payment methods in one page (One Page Checkout) — no scrolling and no next steps. This will make the checkout process easier for customers.
- Fewer queries, more sales: Once the customer decides to go with the product and comes to the checkout page, your website should catch up with him immediately. So, while designing the checkout page for your website, always remember the thumb rule: Ask less and the consumers will buy more.
- Give an option to checkout as a guest or register: We come across many websites that force the visitor to register before the checkout process. This practice is likely to scare away the potential customer. Therefore, it is advisable to give your consumer options of choosing to either register or checkout as a guest.
- Ease the shopping cart dilemma: It all begins when a customer adds a product to the website cart. Many a time, customer opt to change their cart during the checkout process. The website should be able to let that customer do so easily. Other than this, the appearance of the products in the cart is also important. Many websites fail to display proper images of the products or confirmation on the cart page, which discourages the customer to buy. Ultimately, shopping experience should be the long-term goal!
- Follow up after being abandoned: Despite all the luring and nudging, visitors tend to leave or abandon the website during the checkout process. When this happens, your website should be able to generate an automatic follow up system, which includes sending a reminder email or SMS, to the customers, minutes after they have abandoned the cart. You can also include discount coupons in the emails to lure them back to your site.
For any business, every potential customer means revenue. Therefore, to multiply profits, a website owner need to minimize the drop-out percentage of visitors by allowing them to enjoy hassle free shopping. Make the checkout process easier for customers by using minimum but effective tools for improving your website and convert leads to potential sales.
Do you want to own a Magento Ecommerce Store or need customizations in your existing one? Share your requirements with us and we will be glad to help! Contact us today for all Magento Ecommerce Website Solutions!