The latest statistics of 2014 till April reveal that about 57% of internet users use Google Chrome for browsing while 25.7% users use Firefox for the same. Surprised!! Now the Irony is that except these browsers there is not even a single browser to have crossed its usage value of double digit.
We have listed Top 20 addon/extensions for most popular browsers i.e. Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
1. Awesome Screenshot
Awesome screenshot plug-in is used to capture the whole page or any portion of the page. If you choose the visible part of the page, it captures only what you currently see in the browser, if you choose the whole page, it captures the screenshot page. We can annotate it with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text. It also has an option to share the link on social media sites.
Click here to install Awesome Screenshot:
Add-on for Firefox
2. Built With
BuiltWith is a web site profiler tool. BuiltWith tells about the technical platforms/technologies of the website. BuiltWith is mainly used to help developers, researchers and designers to find out that what technologies the pages are using which can help them to decide about the technologies that they can implement themselves.
3. Case Changer
Case changer plugin is used to change the case of any selected text in just one click from the context menu. You can use it to change case to lower case, sentence case, capitalize each word, upper case and toggle case.
4. Copy URLs Expert
Copy Urls Expert is a plugin that provides option to copy URLs of all opened tabs incurrent window, copy URLs of Tabs in all windows, copy URLs of all links in selected text and copy URLs of all images in selection. It allows opening multiple links at once by using ‘Open Tabs’ menu.
- Firebug is free and open source software. Firebug is a web development tool that offers debugging, editing, and monitoring of any website.
- There are panels in Firebug to execute the File Structure. Console, HTML, CSS l, Script, DOM, net panels. Firebug helps to examine the Web page markup, styling, and model. Panels as HTML, CSS, and DOM get activated as soon as you open Firebug.
- We can check Firebug by Either F12 key or by clicking the Firebug Start Button in the Firefox main toolbar.
- Ghostery is a free of cost privacy browser extension for Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple’s Safari. If any web bug is present on the web page then, Ghostery helps its users in detecting and easily controlling web bugs.
- Web Bugs are mainly objects embedded in any web page, and are invisible to the user. Ghostery blocks HTTP requests and redirects them according to their source address. Blocking & reporting, Cookie blocking & cookie protection is available in Ghostery.
- Ghostery updates its tracker library, ads, page widgets, analytics services or any third-party page elements and also groups all trackers into categories. There are various panels in Ghostery. The Findings Panel is the place to see and control trackers on the pages you visit.
7. Google Ordered List
- It is a free Addon & very useful for Browsers. It is an important tool to change the google search results list from unordered manner to ordered manner. From an SEO point of view , when we are checking Ranks for any Search terms or keywords, it guides us easily to track our Specific webpage rank.
- In general, this ordered list add-on is fruitful to anyone who wants an easy search of the web-page appearing in a proper manner in Google search engine results.
- Grammarly is a writing-enhancement platform developed by Grammarly Incorporation. Grammarly detects all the critical issues in any piece of writing material.
- Main information which grammarly covers in its detection are grammatical errors, spelling correction, Sentence Structure, Punctuation, Style Check, and Plagiarism
- Special Features includes Error explanations and correction tips, Grammarly uses more than 250 grammar rules, Context-optimized synonym suggestions, and most importantly it checks for plagiarism or duplicity in any piece of content. Also, a feature of grammar checker helps in analyzing general, business, academic, creative or casual piece of writing. Thesaurus and Dictionary features are also included in Grammarly.
- Grammarly plug-in is available for MS office, which adds Grammarly to MS-word & outllook. Grammarly offers a Free-7-day trial service via mail Sign-up and we can use, enhance the tool.
9. Last Pass
LastPass is a award winning password manager which saves your password and gives you a secure access from every computer and mobile device with no in-product ads and receives good responses from the LastPass support team. Use LastPass to access to your blocked external sites. You can also quickly access your account using the LastPass app’s browser.
10. Link Checker
This tool helps in checking the validity of links on any webpage. It is a great app for indepth checking of an entire site. It scans a webpage and highlights the links using a color system – green for active links, yellow for forbidden links, gray for skipped links and red for broken links.
11. Moz Bar
Access important SEO metrics while you surf the web. This toolbar from Moz lets you see metrics like Domain Authority and Page Authority for every page you visit, analyze links as you browse, expose page elements, and access other SEO tools.
Raplets Documentation aims to give emails users access to relevant contextual information as part of their normal email workflow. It displays a sidebar next to an email thread in Gmail, showing information about one particular person. It also grows your network by connecting on Twitter, Facebook,Linkedln etc.
Click here to install Rapportive:
Add-on for Firefox
We didn’t find Rapportive for Chrome
13. Search Status
It gives the link report of a webpage i.e internal links, outgoing links of the webpage and other related link information. We can also check meta of a site which plays a significant role while the optimization of a site. Whois search helps to find out the domain information. Use search status to see the robot.txt file, other domains on the same IP and sitemaps associated with the website.
14. SEO Global for Google search
“Redfly SEO Global” This tool shows accurate ranks of keywords and search terms in geographical location like US, Canada etc.You can check that how well your keyword is performing in other countries.
15. SERP Trends SEO Extension
This plugin gives you the entire information that whether your keyword is pushed up or going down and by which position. You need at least 24 hrs to see the fluctuations in results.
16. Social Media Shares
It gives updates about how much a site is active among the users via. Facebook likes, comments, tweets, google + likes.
17. User Agent Switcher
The User Agent String helps a website to identify how it is being viewed by sending a user agent string to the website. User Agent Switcher tool is used to add a menu and toolbar button to your browser from where you can switch the user agent of a browser by clicking on Default User Agent under the Tools menu. This tool uses User Agent String to identify and switch the user agent of the browser.
- Wappalyzer is the extension ofbrowser that detects hidden softwares or technologies used on the website and then display a list of softwares used at the right side of the address bar.
- On clicking one of the software, a list of softwares will be displayed at the right side of the browser (Ex. Firefox). To know more about the software, click on the desired software. The list of websites using that software is be displayed with some statistical data in the new tab.
19. Word Count Tool
As the name suggests this tool counts the number of words and characters without any click. Just select the text and it gives you the number of words and characters which resides under the selection area. This result can be seen at the top right most position on the web browser (Ex. Firefox). It also gives readability level, number of paragraphs and sentences in its detail report.
20. Y Slow
Yslow first scans a webpage and then analyze it to provide suggestions to improve the performance of a website based on the set of rules for high performance web pages. It displays the statistics of website and provides tools for performance analysis.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!